I have been in Heaven the past 2 weeks with Baylee, my girls and Joey. I finally feel like my family is complete, which I have never felt completely "whole." After I had Emilee, I knew I wanted more children and after I had Karlee, I wasn't sure, but still felt like something was missing. We are so thankful to have Baylee in our lives. She is so perfect and I am glad she is mine! She is so quiet, calm and relaxed (She must get that from her Daddy!) McKailee, Emilee and Karlee all have taken to Baylee so well, they love her so much and haven't shown any jealousy towards her at all. They all want to hold her and kiss her as much as they can. I love watching the girls with Baylee.
My experience with my 4th labor was the worst out of all of them. I expected to go in there and this be the easiest labor/ c-section out of all of them. I was so terrified of having a "spinal" I ended up making myself sick on the way to the hospital. Little did I know, that should have been the least of my worries! After Miss Baylee made her way into our world, all my family came to visit and see how adorable she was. Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Laura brought in McKailee, Emilee and Karlee to visit with us (Jeremy was amazing and watched my kids the majority of the time I was in the hospital, I don't know what we would have done without him.) After everyone left, it was just Joey and I. I was having pain in my chest and ribs, but thought it was because of the surgery I had just went through and also because I hadn't had any pain medicine for like 7 hrs because the nurses couldn't stabilize my heart or blood pressure. They couldn't figure out why my blood pressure was so low and my heart rate was so high?? I quietly tried to calm myself down and close my eyes, and listen to my body. I realized something was not right, something was going on in my body that didn't feel normal. My doctor ended up coming back in, ordering a bunch of blood tests and we all made the decision it was best for my doctor to open me back up and see what was going on. Initially he assumed I was bleeding internally and he just needed to "suck" out the blood and that would relieve the pressure I was feeling inside. At this point, I was crying and terrified of having to go back through another surgery, but was also really worried about what was going on inside of me! What was supposed to be an hour surgery turned into a 4 hr. surgery, 4 blood transfusions and a complete hysterectomy. From the information I remember from my doctor, there was more going wrong inside than he expected and had to call in a specialist for help. We were in the hospital for 6 days recovering and that was probably the 2nd most terrifying experience besides the 2nd surgery. I was on the maternity floor the 1st few hours after having my c-section and the nurse's were terrible, besides 2 of them named Blair and Carol. After my 2nd surgery I was moved to the woman's recovery floor (right down the hallway) and spent the next 6 days there. The nurse's were great and took really good care of me. I am so happy that I am going on my 3rd week of healing. Each day I feel better and can enjoy my time with my girls. I look forward to feeling normal again and being able to play and rough house with my girls again.







*!I love my family!*
So scary, but SO WORTH IT! She's a doll! I'm so glad Jeremy was there to help so much. and that your family is complete.
ReplyDeleteHere's to a speedy recovery and night games in OR!!! :)
I finally went into Mark's account to see your Blog. It was fun seeing you at the hospital with your new little bundle of joy. The girls were so excited and cute with her. I, too, will be happy when you are feeling normal and healthy.
ReplyDelete