...Not that I've been waiting for 2011 or anything.






2010 was a great year for me. I was able to leave my dead end job to stay home with my family, just in time for the summer. I started expanding on my cooking skills and also my food storage. McKailee started 2nd grade at a great school thats only 4 minutes away! Emilee has grown so much within this year. She has become a lot more social and has really discovered herself. Our little Karlee turned 1 yrs. old and has kept Mommy very busy, and last but not least, Joey and I decided to have our last baby.
There have been whirlwinds of changes for all of us this year. I feel like I have finally stepped into my "motherly" role, something that I have been striving to understand (obviously) since McKailee was born. Being able to stay at home this time around has been such a blessing on myself and my family. We all have benefited from it. I feel like I really understand what it takes to run a household, take care of my family & myself and be OK with staying at home. I have found new hobbies to keep myself busy when there are those small moments in time that I get to myself (those don't come too often.) I feel like not only have my girls grown into themselves, but I have found myself and my purpose in life too.
We found out that we are having another little girl and she is due April 24th. We have thought of a few names, but haven't officially picked one out just yet. We both are excited, and can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. This is probably my hardest pregnancy, not because I blew up like a balloon (I havent gained any weight as of now) but because I am so sick with this little one. Her tummy is pretty sensitive, which in turn makes my stomach extremely sensitive. Over the past few weeks, I have started feeling her really move around in there and she even gets the hiccups now!! I am praying for a calm baby, but really feel like I am going to get another McKailee or Karlee.... I am happy to have another little girl, no matter what she is like, as long as she is healthy.
2010 hasn't been the easiest for me either, I have had my share of ups & downs. I have had a hard time understanding relatives and the relationships I have with them. I have struggled to understand the relationships that should be there, but are not. What I have learned so far in trying to understand is that I will NEVER understand why some relationships are the way they are. However, I am thankful for all the wonderful people that are in my life now, who get to share my happiness and be apart of such a great experience. I have learned to be OK with who I am and not care so much about what other people think or feel.
Joey and I are amazed at how fast time goes, it just seems to float on by. When your a teenager, you don't really grasp that concept and time seems to stand still. My mom always used to tell me, "don't wish your life away." Boy do I know the true meaning of that now. I have learned to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the simple things in life.
For 2011, I wish nothing but happiness, healthyness (is that a word?!,) to be financially secure & to have as much love in my heart as my girls do. I wish for time to slow down and for all the great experiences that lie ahead of us! I welcome 2011 with open arms!!!





you posted! yay!!! and now I'm all teary eyed. i love you, brittani and am so happy you are my sister-in-law! you are a wonderful mommy. i can't wait to meet this new little babe. (and I'm jealous you haven't gained any weight. I think I gained a whole baby just during Christmas! blah)
ReplyDeleteso you have quiet the nitch for writing, keep it up!
Love all the pictures. We are so happy to be getting another little girl. How much fun will that be to have 4 little girls with lots of energy.
ReplyDelete