About Me

Joey and I met a few years ago, fell quickly in love with one another and started our family together. We have 4 beautiful little girls that keep us on our toe's. When I was younger I imagined what my life would be like and what my kids would ask me, the conversations and the things I would say to my children. Never did I imagine life would be this great

May 13, 2010

I love being a stay at home Wife & Mommy

I have been thinking about all of the blessings that come along with being able to stay at home. The most important is that I get to be involved in every aspect of my girls lives. My household seems to run so much smoother and stays cleaner too, which is a bonus!
One of my favorite things about being able to stay at home is the new recipes and all the baking I can do! I really love it. Here are some of my new recipes:

*Enchiladas*

These are stuffed with chicken and cheese, smothered in MaCcoys Red & Green sauce

*Rice Krispie Treats*


The recipe to these delicious rice krispie treats instructs you to put foil at the bottom of the dish

*Caramel Covered Apples*


Not as good as Disneylands of course, but they were pretty good

*Cake Balls*

These were my favorite to make and they tasted pretty good too. Even though, this is some what of a process, its a great recipe for kids to help. I let my girls sprinkle them after dunking them in milk chocolate and white chocolate and then we froze them until it was time to eat them! Not only are they tasty, but they look really cute too. You can make them with your kids, for an after dinner snack or a kids party!

*Homemade Bread*

This is my hardest accomplishment! Now, most of you who are reading this have made this way before my time! and when I say time - I mean the time I have been in the Tippetts Family.
Once I got all the ingriedients into my ginormous bowl, I started mixing and realized that it wasnt what I expected! I panicked and called Joey some what screaming and crying because I had no idea what to do. As soon as I hung up with him, my mother-in-laws voice popped into my head and I quickly remembered her advice when making bread, "ADD FLOUR!" I kept mixing and adding flour, mixing and adding flour and sure enough, the dough started looking and feeling more like dough! I had fun making this with Emilee and in the end the bread was yummy!
*Let me end with this thought. I am thankful for my wonderful husband for giving me the opportunity to stay at home and try all my crazy recipes. Joey tries everything with an open mind and a smile on his face. I am also thankful for my girls helping me bake all my new treats and I am EXTREMELY thankful for all the pictures in my cookbooks!!! One last thing... I am thankful for all of my sister-n-laws and my wonderful mother-n-law. They always pick up my call when I have an emergency about a recipe, or when I need to know if something is a good sale or not....They probably answer my phone calls to see if I have blown the roof off of my home...smile... I would have never picked up this interesting hobby of cooking if it wasnt for them and encouraging me with all of their new recipes and ideas for cooking!

New Recipes since I have posted this blog:

*Chicken Cacciatore with green beans*
(This was quick, easy and everyone loved it)


*Cheesy Enchiladas*
(New recipe from Campbells kitchen)

*Tin Foil Dinners*(Chicken, Potato's and carrots wrapped in tin foil cooked on the grill)


*Strawberry Smoothie*(Delicious!)


*Blondies*(Yes, I made this from scratch! Its a combination of flour, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and much more all baked in the over)
Looks good, huh?!

4 comments:

  1. you go girl!!

    ps you need to cook those enchiladas for Sunday dinner sometime. I love Macyos sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. I am so happy you are able to stay at home with those sweet little girls also. It is a blessing for you and them. Look at all the good things you are teaching them. I'm impressed if you can get Joey to try all your recipes. He is one picky eater! Keep up the good work. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with you Brit! All of your new recipes look really good, and most of all getting Joey to try new things. For that alone you should get a medal!! Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum-o! That all looks really tasty. I'm so happy you are able to stay home, and enjoying it! What a blessing.

    I've always had the hardest time making breads. They never seemed to turn out right- finally 10 years later, I got it!

    P.S. How do you make cake balls?!

    ReplyDelete